The Somerset Humane Society Pet of the Week, Presented by Hight Ford
Join Mix 107.9 each Monday for our special "Pet of the Week"
sponsored by Hight Ford
The Somerset Humane Society in Skowhegan will be sharing with us a special animal that is ready to find themselves a new loving family.
Stop by each week for pictures and information to find a cuddly new furry friend! Plus, if you adopt their "Pet of the Week" you'll receive a special discount on the adoption fee!
This week's featured pet is: Charles!!
1. Type of Pet: Cat
2. Breed & Known for: Domestic Short Hair/Black & White
3. Name (pronunciation if need): Charles
4. Age: 2 years old
5. Best Fit Home: He would fit well in a quiet home or a busy home.
6. Personality Traits: Charles is the most talkative cat I have ever met with the most distinctive voice. He greets everyone as they walk in the door with his unique meow. He's very friendly but easily overstimulated. His most preferred home would have older children that understand respecting cats with boundaries. Charles loves attention from people but needs a home without other cats.
7. Exercise & Grooming Needs: He is a clean cat.
8. Special Needs & Diet: He does not require a special diet
9. Skills, Talent & House Broken: He uses the litter box.
10. Adoption Cost/Fees: He is neutered, wormed and up to date on shots. His $40 adoption fee includes a free wellness exam.
11. Misc. Current Shelter Needs: We are always in need of people to sponsor cat spaying and neutering. This is also a great way to help a specific cat at the shelter if you are unable to adopt. $80 will spay a female and $40 will neuter a male.
New items: Washcloths; 30 gallon trash bags; laundry detergent; dish detergent; dryer sheets; unflavored pedialyte; gift cards to Bob's Cash Fuel, Staples Walmart, Tractor Supply, Agway, gas stations, etc...; no-dye cat food (Whiskas, Purina Cat Chow Gentle); canned cat food; cat litter; returnable bottles and cans; floor squeegee; push broom and regular brooms/Swiffer; dry erase markers; envelopes, postage stamps; tape.
Used items: Washcloths; any bedding, such as comforters; quilts; blankets; sheets; pillows/cases; futon mattresses; bath towels; hand towels; couch cushions; kitchen chair pads; working washers and dryers; any outdoor solar powered lighting; collars; harnesses; leashes; pet clothing; leftover pet medications; baby gates; snow shovels; roof rakes.
12. Fundraising Events & Public Announcements:
To keep updated daily, please like us at www.facebook.com/somersethumanesociety
Note: Please remember when you come in to adopt a dog from us, bring a collar and leash with you. We will need to keep ours for reuse. Stop in to see all of our cats that have $40 adoption fees. Extra bonus...anyone that adopts a pet from us and mentions that they heard about us from Mix107.9 will get an extra $5 off the adoption fee.