Desiree's Mixin' Kitchen
Tune into The Morning Mix w/Jay & Desiree every Thursday morning at 7:40 to catch up on a new recipe with DESIREE'S MIXIN' KITCHEN! Each week, Desiree will provide a new dish to try, hand-crafted and ready to bring to the table. Courtesy of Fuller's Market IGA.
THIS WEEK'S RECIPE:
"I knew it was time to cook my favorite meal when I saw the fresh pineapple in Fullers produce case on Tuesday. This recipe screams summer love to me. In fact it was the meal that landed me my boyfriend...at least I think it was! Salmon is my favorite fish..it's full of flavor with just the right amount of fat and it is pretty! The Cajun seasoning gives the dish heat and the fruit salsa is a refreshing burst of sweetness. I hope you try this out the next time you buy salmon...you'll be glad you did."
2 cups cooked Basmati Rice
4- 6-8oz. Salmon Fillets
3 tbs. Oil (Canola)
3 tsp. Cajun Seasoning (more or less to taste)
Salt and Pepper
2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
1/2 med diced Onion (I prefer red onion)
1/2 Jalapenos diced with seeds removed
1 cup diced Rainbow Peppers
1 fresh Pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into small chunks
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1/4 tsp. Cumin
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
1. Sprinkle both sides of each fillet with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper
2. Heat oil in pan (I used cast iron) to a med high
3. Place the fillets in the hot pan. Cook 5 minutes on each side
4. Let rest on a plate for 3 minutes
1. Place 1/2 cup spinach on each of 4 plates
2. Top the spinach with 1/2 cup rice
3. Place a hot fillet on top of the rice
4. Spoon a generous amount of pineapple salsa over each fillet
5. Looks delicious and tastes even better!
Tune in next week for another delicious treat from Desiree's Delicacies, brought to you by Fuller's Market!